Welcome to the 21st International Conference on Atomic Processes in Plasmas. APIP will be held at the Headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the Vienna International Centre, Vienna Austria from 15 – 19 May 2023.
There is no registration fee for this event.
A limited number of grants for financial assistance with travel and accommodation are available for eligible participants.
Participants are invited to submit an abstract for a presentation on any of the following topics.
- Astrophysical Plasmas
- Fundamental Data and Modelling
- Atmospheric and Medical Plasmas
- High Energy Density Plasmas
- Low Temperature and Industrial Plasmas
- Magnetically-Confined Fusion Plasmas
- Measurements of Atomic Processes
- Powerful Light Sources (XFEL, etc.)
- Small-Scale Plasmas (table-top lasers, EBITs, etc.)
- Warm Dense Matter
Invited Speakers (confirmed)
- Félicie Albert, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
- Annette Calisti, Université d'Aix-Marseille, France
- Byoung-ick Cho, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea
- Keisuke Fujii, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- David Hoarty, AWE plc, UK
- Suxing Hu, University of Rochester, USA
- Alisher Kadyrov, Curtin University, Australia
- Steffen Kühn, Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, Heidelberg, Germany
- Jianmin Yuan, AMPG, National University of Defense Technology, China
- Sam Vinko, University of Oxford, UK
- Beata Ziaja-Motyka, Center for Free-Electron Laser Science, Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (CFEL-DESY), Germany
- Atomic processes in plasmas, Yuri Ralchenko (NIST, USA)
- Atomic cross-section calculations, Chris Fontes (LANL, USA) and Connor Ballance (QUB, UK)
- FAC for intermediate users, Ming Feng Gu (University of California, Berkeley, USA; Prism Computational Sciences Inc.)
- Density effects on plasmas, Stephanie Hansen (Sandia, USA)
- Electron-molecule collisions, Mourad Telmini (University of Tunis El Manar, Tunisia)
- X-ray lasers, Nina Rohringer (DESY, Germany)