How to Submit an Abstract and Paper
1. Submission of Papers
Complete the registration form on the INDICO conference homepage: https://conferences.iaea.org/indico/event/178/
THE CONFERENCE IS A ONE-STAGE PROCESS.
So both an abstract and paper need to be submitted via INDICO.
The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be submitted using the electronic form available on INDICO.
The paper should not exceed four pages and must be submitted as both a PDF and Word document on INDICO.
Please upload the abstract and paper by adhering to the following steps:
1) Log-in to your INDICO account (https://conferences.iaea.org/indico/event/178/)
2) Select ‘Call for Abstracts and Papers’ from the main menu and then ‘Submit new abstract’.
3) Complete the abstract form and attach both a PDF and Word file of your paper in the ‘attachments’ section by dragging the file or choosing the file from your computer.
It is recommended to use the paper template that is provided on the conference INDICO homepage (https://conferences.iaea.org/indico/event/178/).
4) Select ‘Submit’ to complete the submission.
5) Complete the Participation Form (Form A) and Form for Submission of a Paper (Form B) and send them to the competent official authority (e.g. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Permanent Mission to the IAEA, or National Atomic Energy Authority) of her/his country for subsequent transmission to the IAEA either electronically by email to: Official.Mail@iaea.org or by fax to: +43 1 26007 (no hard copies needed) by 28 April 2019.
Participants who are members of an invited organization can submit this form to their organization for subsequent transmission to the IAEA.
The forms are available on the conference website: https://www.iaea.org/atoms4climate
IMPORTANT: The electronically received contributed paper will be considered by the Programme Committee only if these two forms have been received by the IAEA through the established official channels.
2. Check your submission status / presenter information
1) Select ‘My Contributions’ from the main menu.
2) Select your contribution. The status should show ‘Your abstract is under review’.
3) Please also check if the speaker is indicated correctly. If you wish to make changes to the speaker/primary author/co-author, please contact Atoms4Climate@iaea.org.
Before the conference, authors will have been requested to sign the ‘Form for Submission of a Paper’ (Form B), assigning the IAEA either copyright or a non-exclusive, royalty free license to publish. Authors are responsible for ensuring that nothing in their papers infringes any existing copyright. If previously copyrighted material is included, authors must provide evidence that the copyright holder has given permission for its use.
The final decision on whether a paper will be published in the proceedings will be taken by the IAEA prior to the conference. Should the IAEA decide to publish the papers in another form, the authors will be notified.
The paper should be supplied in electronic form in both PDF and Microsoft-Word.
The abstract should be 300 words (maximum) and the paper 4 pages, including abstract/graphs/figures/references.
The abstract and paper must BOTH be submitted no later than 28 April 2019.
If you have any question, send an email to Atoms4Climate@iaea.org and include ‘uploading of abstract and paper’ and your ID# in the subject line.
1. I have submitted the paper but wish to make further changes.
è The paper needs to be sent back to you with status ‘to be corrected’. Please contact Atoms4Climate@iaea.org.
2. I cannot submit my paper after 28 April 2019.
è The submission system closes automatically on 28 April 2019; therefore, we kindly ask you to submit by that deadline. Any questions or concerns, please contact Atoms4Climate@iaea.org.
3. I cannot upload an additional file, or I forgot to attach a document.
è The paper submission system closes after completing a submission. Please contact Atoms4Climate@iaea.org.
4. How will my paper be published?
è The abstracts will be published electronically via the IAEA Conference App and/or conference website. The papers will not be published in print, but a summary report of the conference will be published after.